Question:
Is renting a villa in Tuscany the best way to see Rome and other cities?
leelew1
2005-12-17 16:49:57 UTC
Is renting a villa in Tuscany the best way to see Rome and other cities?
Four answers:
Sandman
2005-12-18 02:04:23 UTC
I reckon you meant Italy, not Rome. Rome is the capital city, and the region is called Lazio, whereas Tuscany is another region, including Florence and Siena.

The best way to visit Italy depends on your budget. Thus if you are a student, you might opt to purchase a train pass and an IYHF card, and sleepover in hostels arounds Italy (check http://www.hostels.com/en/it.html), or if you could afford to, hire a car and sleep in hotels or pensione (guesthouse).
PU
2005-12-17 17:06:17 UTC
No.

For sightseeing Rome, you need to stay in Rome. It is about a 1 1/2 hour ride on the ES (eurostar) train from Florence to Rome. Making Rome a daytrip is not worth it. Spend a few days there to sightsee.

For sightseeing Tuscany, however, you can use Florence as your base or one of the other Tuscan towns. The best way to see tuscany is by train, a guided tour, or rent a car and drive yourself to places off the beaten path.

For Venice, Milan..... to discover those cities, it's best that you stay there.
2005-12-28 09:50:51 UTC
You can go by train anywhere, and it is inexpensive. I do agree that you may want to stay in Rome for a day or two but you can get a "fairly inexpensive" hotel in Ancient Rome. There is plenty to see and do in Tuscany though. I can spend days in Firenze and be perfectly happy. Also, Lucca, San Gimignano, and Pisa are right there. Don't miss them.
2005-12-17 16:50:45 UTC
i wouldn't know BUT IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!! bring me.